Here is what we did there.
- Ordered from: http://www.velofaktum.de
- About 8-9 kg weight (bike only).
- Customized part / components selection: wheels Gunsha Alloy Stability, fork carbon / aluminum stem, crankset Shimano Ultegra R8000 2 x 11 50/34, cassette 11-34, Tektro Mini V-brakes (rim brakes), flat bar, tires Continental X-King RS (32-622); saddle / pedals - my own old / used ones; custom build request was to place all brake levers and shifters on left side of handlebar, without fixing them there so I could do the final / detailed adjustment myself.
- Net price around 1500 EUR, including shipping and VAT around 2000 EUR; the extra cost for custom requests (left handed) was 30 EUR.
- Delay from first contact / order to finalized build / shipment / arrival around 6 months, which included lengthy careful discussions at first, and delays due to COVID-19 related restrictions of any kind / all sorts.
- I would highly recommend the manufacturer for being meticulous, taking care, proper packaging /shipping and great value for price.
Brake levers on left side of handle bar, adjacent mount.
Shifters on left side of handle bar, opposing mount.
I prefer rim brakes - far far far easier servicing, less squealing under wet conditions or if a splash of oil gets there. And, more than enough braking power.
Rear light on seat post, USB-chargeable.
I used my old Turbo saddle, quite comfortable.
Bike rack that fits is that kit from Bontrager, I just adjusted the tubes a bit (sawed them off to be precise).
Bike rack and saddle bag.
Flat lightweight pedals.
Handlebar view - bell, and penguin for a more friendly sound.